As you may know the next PhotoMechanics-iDICs joint conference will be held in Nantes (France) this November (2021/11/3-5). We would like to inform you that the conference will be organized using an hybrid format, meaning that you can participate either virtually or in person.
We would like to share with you a few practical points to make the organization of the event as clear as possible in order to facilitate and encourage your participation either at the venue or virtually.
- The conference will be hybrid, meaning that even if you are not in Nantes you will be able to connect to a platform (in the morning or in the afternoon depending where you are living) for presenting and / or discussing with other participants. The sessions you will not be able to attend will be recorded so that you can attend virtually.
- To mitigate any technical problems or travelling issues, all the authors will be asked to record a video of their presentation. It will be used in case their presentation cannot be carried out live. (More information to come.)
- Depending on the number of slots in the conference program and the number of submissions, only a limited number of abstracts will be accepted for presentation. However, even if your abstract is not accepted for a regular presentation, you will be invited (if you register to the conference) to record your presentation for use in a purely virtual session.
- The conference fees will not depend on the type of participation you chose. This was necessary since both the in person and virtual aspects will incur unique expenses.
- Since the conference fees will not depend on your type of participation, any last minute changes in your method of participation will still be possible.
- We hope to have a limited number of scholarships available for students. (More information to come.)